Thursday, August 12, 2010

Conversations with Carrigan

A common conversation with my daughter.
Carrigan: Mommy eat!
Me: What do you want to eat?
Carrigan: Strawberries.
Me: You want strawberries?
Carrigan: NO!
Carrigan: Watermelon.
Me: Okay, watermelon.
Carrigan No watermelon!!!


After finding her on the counter in the bathroom:
Carrigan: Bubba no no get up there.

Noticing a scratch on her neck...
Me: What happened to your neck?
Carrigan: Bubba hurt me.
Me: Bubba hurt you?
Carrigan: Nope, not anymore!

Said about most objects/people/animals:
Carrigan: Police car hurt me. It's no no!
Me: No a police car won't hurt you.
Carrigan: Police car not hurt me?
Me: No it won't hurt you.
Carrigan: POLICE CAR HURT ME!


Suddenly I hear Gavin screaming & find Carrigan sitting on him, pulling his hair:
(after getting onto her)
Carrigan: What happened (with) Bubba?
Me: You pulled his hair. That's what happened.
Gasp with wide eyes followed by fake cry and holding her own hair.
Carrigan: Ice on it
Me: Did Bubba pull your hair?
Gavin: No I not.
Carrigan: KITTY HURT ME! Kitty no no!

No comments: