Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Potty Trained!

For about a year, Carrigan has been using the potty. The only catch is she has to be naked on the bottom half. Two weeks ago, we went to the zoo and she told me she had to peepee and went in the potty. She did again when she stopped to eat on the way home. She kept doing this in public so I bought her some pull ups. They never worked with Gavin. It was just like a diaper. Carrigan calls them her Dora panties and she has only gone in them once and it was overnight.

The past 2 weeks she has stayed dry! Her only hold up is being afraid of some public bathrooms. Even in the ones she isn't afraid of, she doesn't want you to flush it. I have to wait until she is by the sink before flushing. She says they are too loud. :)

It is so strange to have half a box of diapers and all the pulls ups in the house that I might just have to throw away. I can't believe I won't be buying diapers anymore. My babies are so big!!

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

That is AWESOME, Laura! I wish we could get rid of the pull-ups! Lydia refuses to go poo in the potty! She waits until we put a pull-up on her @ nap or night time to go. It's so frustrating ... and I have NO idea what to do about it.