Saturday, January 14, 2012

Changing Eye Color

Gavin was born with blue eyes. Around his first birthday they turned into a grey-blue and were the exact color of my dad's. My sister & I, niece + one cousin are the only brown eyed family members on the Carson side for generations. When my sister was born, our great grandmother said she was the first family member she had ever met with brown eyes. I believe Levi has at least one blue eyed brother. It was no surprise that my brown eyed self and Levi's green eyed self had 2 blue eyed babies!
To my dismay, Gavin's eyes turned blue-green at some point last year. The 3rd picture down is from January 2010 and his eyes are still blue. They now have a bit of tan in the very middle, greenish blue with a dark blue ring around them. They are beautiful. My mom says they are the same eyes as her mom. ... I have to admit though that I do miss his baby blues!!




I can't wait until that face is filled with freckles. If he is anything like his parents, it won't be long!

No comments: