Friday, November 4, 2011

Carrigan is 3!



When I was pregnant with Gavin (and even before) I wondered what in the world it was like to have your youngest child not be a baby anymore. How surreal that would feel... how strange it would be to have conversations with your "baby". Now here I am. My baby is 3. I still don't believe it. One is 3. One is 4. Next year I may have a breakdown. *sigh*

39 inches (same height as Gavin) 95%
33.6 lbs - 75%

Carrigan is obviously very bright for her age, which is good because she looks much older! We have been told on more than one occasion that she looks 5, and have thought she was older than Gavin. She has been able to carry on a full conversation for a long time. It was always funny to hear our 2 year old use worlds like "ridiculous" and "hilarious".

Carrigan also has a HUGE imagination. She will pretend any 2 objects are people and they will have a long journey and colorful conversation. She likes to pretend she is the Mommy & Gavin is the baby or she is Tinkerbell and he is Peter Pan. If she is Buzz Lightyear, then by golly, you'd better call her Buzz Lightyear! Her favorite pretend is to act as a baby or a cat. She does not break character for anything. We can be out all day and she will not use words, only "meow". She will crawl and point if she has to. If she REALLY has to speak she will say, "uh huh" and "uh uh".

She is still very dramatic. As I was putting her in the car the other day, she started fighting with Gavin because she wanted to be on his side of the car. I jokingly said, "Fine, then I'll put you in the trunk!". She gave me her signature "mad at you face" and said, "I'm not a grocery! I'm not milk or a shoe!" I think she knows how to get a laugh to avoid being in trouble. :)

She is a girl who loves being a girl and the youngest. She reminds us often that she is "very smaller" and "just a tiny baby". It is funny because when she tells you about when she was a baby, she starts with, "When I was a baby kitty I...". She obviously loves kittens more than most things in the world. :)

Carrigan loves her Girl Baby. It's her only toy she is protective of. She will sit through a whole movie and LOVES when we bring home a new one. She doesn't like being at other people's house for very long. She asks to come home often and will even try to escape multiple times. Her favorite restaurant is Chick-fil-A. She loves the color pink, daddy calling her his Princess, and lipstick, eye shadow, & nail polish. She is a fruit lover and stuffs herself full of bread if it is included in a meal. Chocolate milk & red grapes are her weakness. She still needs Mommy to be in her room to fall asleep.... but hopefully not forever!!

We love every bit of her and can't imagine our home without her. She adds so much life and joy to each day. She is truly full of life and energy! We love you Carrigan Bailee!

1 comment:

Laura King said...

Love reading about Carrigan at this milestone in her life. So fun to get to know more of her personality ...especially being so far away. Can't wait to be together in just a couple of short (I hope) weeks!!

I can't hardly wait. I could be packed tomorrow if it would make the time between now and when we'll see you in B'ville go faster.