Tuesday, February 24, 2009

19 Months


We are now closer to Gavin's 2nd birthday than we were to his 1st. I am speechless as to how that makes me feel.

One new thing about Gavin is I think he is telling us he is ready for potty training. I always assumed we would wait until he turned 2, BUT..... If Gavin escapes during a diaper change, he will run, climb onto a couch or bed, look down, crunch his stomach and pee. Gross, I know. He will also do this before getting into the tub or after the water drains. He also wakes up from his naps with a dry diaper. I know you can start potty training too early, but is there such a thing as missing your opportunity???

Also. now that Carrigan is interested in toys, Gavin is entering into the world of sharing. Boy, oh Boy am I about to have my hands full!


2 comments:

Laura King said...

I can't believe he can go down that slide by himself!! At Thanksgiving he still needed quite a bit of help, and I was afraid to let go of him! So much has changed so quickly! I gotta tell you, he just looks like he is a bucket of fun!

Piker Family said...

Gavin is so adorable! About the potty training, I would just let him do it as long as he is interested. Whitney became interested around 19 months and I just let her do it as she wanted to but then when she was 22 months I got serious about it and now she is 28 months and wears big girl panties and is accident free just about everyday. Of course she wears a pull-up at night and at nap time. She resisted a bit in the beginning but now I don't regret starting when I did. Good luck!!