Friday, February 6, 2009

A good week for Gavin!

Today is the 4th day in a row Gavin has gone down for a nap completely on his own! Yay Gavin! I actually have never tried it before. I've always laid down and cuddled with him until he fell asleep. It's always been something I've enjoyed, but since Carrigan's arrival, its been more difficult. I have to work his naps around hers. It is times like these that I am reminded of how much of a GOOD and EASY boy I have been blessed with!

He also has eaten steamed carrots twice this week! He is off baby food except for veggies. He won't eat them as table food, but eats them no problem as baby food. Hey, as long as he gets them, right?

Gavin's 18 month check-up is Friday the 13th. His last check-up was Oct. 31. (What are the chances he will grow up afraid of "spooky" dates?? )
I am very anxious to see what his weight is. Since we have stopped baby food, I have no idea if he is getting nearly enough. Liquids are still a struggle. I look forward to the day we look at our growing boy and say, You Are Eating Us Out Of House And Home!! ......Ah, some day.

Oh and yes, you still see him with his paci in pictures. After he turned 1 we knew he was going to have the EGD and wanted him to have it for that. Then he was getting a sister and moving just a month later, so it seemed like a bad time. Now he is getting nasty molars. Keeping the paci around is the best thing we could have done!


When Gavin learned out how to open this, NaNa had to clear it out. It look less than a day for him to figure out he looked pretty good being on display. It is now in hiding. Wearing a "silly hat" I made while taking down birthday decorations. He obviously was not in the mood. Carrigan however thought it was funny.

1 comment:

Laura King said...

They look like they are ready for Fiesta! I think moving in with NaNa has been a good move for Gavin...he looks like he's thriving in that china cupboard!! haha Not everyone is willing to move furniture to keep little ones safe. You're Mom is the greatest! I'll be watching for his doctor's report at the end of the week. Sweet, sweet picture of him and Madi.