Thursday, June 25, 2009

8 Months Old!!!



8 Months!!! That is so old!!! Even at her doctor appointment a couple of weeks ago, the doctor said she is developmentally 9 months... Sigh... My little baby is not so little anymore!

8 Month stats (really 7 1/2 stats):
Weight: 19.6 lbs - 75th percentile
Length: 28 1/2 - 90th percentile - Tall just like her Mommy!
Head Circumference: 45 cm

Carrigan is now an official crawler. For about a month she would pull with her arms and push with her toes. She could get herself anywhere, and fast! Now she does it the "normal" way and loves it!

She also pulls up. Every time we turn around she is standing. It makes us so nervous! Levi and I both want to buy this child a helmet!

She can also stand by herself for a few seconds. A HUGE shocker to us! The Carson girls are famous for walking by 9 months so I guess she is trying join the rest of us!

Carrigan is starting to eat solids little by little. She will not eat anything from a spoon. If she sees one, she closes her eyes, tightens her lips and throws herself back. Well, she will eat mashed potatoes from a spoon, but it is a chore getting the first bite in her mouth.

Things she will eat: mashed potatoes, crackers, corn puff snacks, steamed carrots (only once and were from a garlic pasta) Cheerios, yogurt melts, mac and cheese, mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce --- and ice cream!!

She hasn't been swaddled in about 2 months, but doesn't stay asleep long. She wakes up a kazillion times a night and it takes me nursing her to put her back to sleep. I have a plan of getting her to fall asleep by herself but Levi will have to be the one to do it. I am too soft hearted to let her be fussy for more than 2 minutes without picking her up. The "cry it out" method isn't my thing!

Carrigan LOVES being outside. If she thinks you are taking her outside, then walk away from the door, be prepared for a very unhappy baby girl! She also adores animals.

I hate to say it, but I think my daughter is more attached to Gavin than she is to me. If she is awake when Gavin takes his nap, she is as fussy as can be. I must be boring! She is a social little butterfly too. When we take her out and she sees another baby/toddler she does everything she can to get to them. She is the opposite of her brother in SO many ways!

Standing ALL BY HERSELF! Levi said he saw her do it yesterday too. I walked into the living room, gasped, yelled for Levi to come look and grabbed my camera as quickly as I could!




Her first wedgie!

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

She is beautiful! I can't believe that she is 8 months old already! Where does the time go??