Thursday, August 25, 2011

Girls are more dramatic


Carrigan is a milk lover. I have said before that she could be on a juice and fruit diet and live happily ever after. Well, because of this, she has to wear pull ups at night... pull ups sometimes leak and Carrigan is hard to get back to sleep... SO

New Rule: Nothing but water after 6:00 p.m.

The second night with the new rule, she asked for her usual chocolate milk at bedtime. (chocolate on the side of the cup, not mixed it. Her rule. If she can't see it, it isn't there... Silly child) I told her no milk until breakfast and this was her loud, very dramatic reply:

Carrigan: "But if I don't get my chocolate milk my bones will break! My bones are starting to break! Holds arm up to my face and cries: See?? They are breaking! See?!? My arms are breaking! CHOCOLATE MILK!!"

Ah the child... I am used to it though. It was much better than the usual, "I don't like you. You are not my friend! The boys (daddy and Gavin) are my friends. I want you to live in a NEW house!

We heard her first, "I hate you!" Oh how I thought it would be many more years before that would happen! --Am I allowed to be happy I wasn't the parent it was directed to? (it was a bedtime of course)

She can be so delightful when she doesn't want to go to bed!! But I LOVE her anyway!

1 comment:

Laura King said...

Oh her poor breaking arms - HA!! Where does she come up with this stuff?? She's so drama-funny!!