Sunday, February 17, 2008

Feeling Blue

Levi and I were very excited last week to find out he was getting a promotion at work. He will now be the manager of a new store opening in April. However they surprised him with a training in CHICAGO! So at 8:00 a.m. myself and a sleepy baby waved goodbye as Levi drove off for a long trip. He will be gone until Friday. FRIDAY!! As I came back inside the house, I held back tears and could only be thankful that today was Sunday and I had just enough time to get Gavin and I ready for church.
Now I am sitting in the dark, Gavin is asleep and I am waiting for the phone to ring. This reminds me of every time Levi would have go to Bentonville when the dorms closed. I can't count how many times I drove up early morning and Levi would have an entire day planned because we couldn't go to his parent's house because he didn't want to share me. Then after a day of movies, picnics, and planning the next visit, (which was usually him trying to surprise me but ruining it by the nervous tone in his voice) I would drive home wishing he was coming with me. Now we have our own home, but he isn't here! Sad... Well, at least I get to cook with mushrooms, sour cream, and cream cheese this week!

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

Hopefully you and Gavin will have such a fun week that it'll fly by and Levi will be home in no time! I hope he enjoys his training. I know it's for work but maybe he'll get to do a little sight seeing in the evenings?

Have a fun week and I LOVE the set up of your new blog! Too cute!!! :) Talk to you soon!!!