Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Tall Boy

Gavin had his 9 month check up on Tuesday. (he won't be 9 months for another week or so) Both the doctor and the nurse were surprised to see that he is 30 inches tall! He is in the 95th percentile for height. No one would expect anything less from a Carson. He comes from a long line of basketball players. He is 17.9 lbs. The doctor said he may look skinny, but for his height it is perfectly normal. Gavin has had a little bit of a runny nose, sneezing and red, itchy eyes, so the doctor put him on Claritin. His doctor said he probably won't need it past the allergy season. I was glad to hear it was nothing more than allergies when the morning of his appointment I woke up to the sound of Levi vomiting. I guess he just had a bug, because he went on to work and has been fine ever since.
Oh and I got Gavin a great doctor today! I have been trying for a while and they said I called at the perfect time because he usually has a full case load. The new doctor is in Little Rock and if ever he needs to be admitted into the hospital, he will go directly to Children's Hospital. Of course I hope we never have to use that perk.
Oh yeah.. Gavin has learned to stand on his own for a few moments without holding on to anything. He will be walking in no time! Which of course I will cry both tears of joy for and tears of sadness that my baby is turning into a toddler faster than I expected. He also is getting a second tooth. In the picture where he is in the car seat you can see his first tooth. That is the first and only time I have ever actually gotten it on camera! ... and believe me, I've tried.My first tooth!

4 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I was blog hopping and came across your lovely boy. I have a soft spot for boys...I have 3! Thank you for giving me a smile!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say, he is beautiful, even though boys aren't supposed to be beautiful. I remember my girls that little. My oldest just turned six and she weight 5 pounds 15 ounces when she was born. What a big difference!!! I charish the calm moments when I can hug them and hold them. No fighting siblings, no rushing to school, work or other obligations, no laundry, no cleaning, no dogs, NO HUSBAND, just a girls night. We have started a "tradition", we are "picnicing" every Sunday night for dinner. Whether it is on the living room floor or outside. No dogs and we sit on the floor to have dinner, the girls think it is great. Keep it simple. He may be tall but he will love you forever. Smile.

Laura King said...

We can't get over Gavin's first tooth!! I love all of his pictures, the one looking into the wind cracks me up! The thoughtful one sitting under the tree is precious as well. Glad to hear you are all doing well; hope Levi didn't have the flu too long, and hope you didn't get it! Love you and miss you!

Crystal_King said...

Awwww! I love all the pictures! Wow, it's amazing how Gavin really has already grown since we've seen him at Easter! I miss him so much! And you and Levi of course! I LOVE the picture with his hair blowing in the wind! And that big smile with his tooth showing, ADORABLE!! We really need to see you guys again soon. We'll have to plan something out for sure.

I start work May 1st but I'm excited! It'll be hard leaving Camden but I know he'll be in good hands. Hope you guys have a great week!