Monday, May 5, 2008

A day at the Zoo

Sunday afternoon was a rare day for our family. Levi had free time! We decided to take advantage of this beautiful weather we have been having a took Gavin for his first trip to the zoo. Don't worry Crystal and Camden, we still want to go with you!

We had arrived in Little Rock, but first Gavin had to wait patiently for daddy to finish his lunch. An elderly man came over to us during our meal and commented on the fact that Levi was feeding Gavin so I could ete first. Usually when Levi entertains Gavin in a restaurant we hear comments from elderly women. They just can't believe their eyes! The weather was a perfect 72 degrees so most of the animals were out for us to see. We were also there during feedings, so we got to watch the giraffes and elephants eat their lunch.
Gavin's favorite animals were the monkeys and this bear. I think it reminded him of my St Bernard. This was the only animal he "talked" to, so I would say he is a pretty special bear.
Gavin did not know what to think of the train ride...
The animals were great and we saw tons of squirrels, birds and even bunnies running around, but we also saw a surprise animal. We were looking at a very large tortoise when I woman says in a very chipper voice, "Oh look at the little mouse!" That was no little mouse! That was a giant rat!! Needless to say we didn't hang out around that area for long!


This has been a beautiful Spring (minus the rain and tornadoes) I love how special outings are now that we are parents and have the best baby boy we could ask for to share them with.

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

What great pictures!!!! I can't wait until we get to go to the zoo with you guys! What a pretty family you have! I love the picture of you three together! Did you have a nice mother's day? I hope so! Have a great week and give Gavin kisses for me!!