Sunday, November 23, 2008

1 Month of Blessings



Today Carrigan is 1 month old. How can that be? Seriously. When she turned 2 weeks, it felt like she was 3 days old. Now I can't believe ANOTHER 2 weeks has passed. I want time to slow down! I love having a newborn and am going to miss this phase so much. She has brought so much joy into our home and I am glad God has his own plan for us. I am much happier having her in our lives now rather than waiting another 2 years!

Over the past 4 weeks we have learned quite a bit about our little Care Bear. She is very particular about how she wants to be held when she is awake. If you lay her on her back, she is very likely to get mad. She prefers to be sat on your knee with her head resting in your hand; just like she is being burped. She is not one to be passed around.

She is a very light sleeper. Any little noise wakes her up. When she wakes, she is fully awake. Carrigan reminds me of one of those dolls that has her eyes open when she is help upright, then close when she is laid down. Carrigan is just the opposite. She could be sound asleep in my arms, and I lay her down and her eyes pop open!

She smiles! They are the sweetest little grins you will ever see!! She is also getting to be a little chunky monkey. I can touch my thumbs and pointer fingers around Gavin's waist, but I can't around hers!

Carrigan will not take a paci. She has a hard time drinking out of a bottle. The fastest way to make her mad is to put a hat on her or swaddle her. She can wiggle out of socks and gloves in seconds.

My daughter is a Mommy's girl and I love it!

I will have her stats after her 1 month appointment.

Here are some pictures from today. Every time I look at her pictures I get a little frustrated because they just don't do her justice! She is beautiful!

The picture is blurry, but it was Carrigan's first grin of the day, so I had to post it. Gavin woke up just in time for Carrigan to eat a little bit of his shoulder. He seemed to be quite annoyed that I put little sister right next to him! That paci has not left Gavin's sight since he became a big brother. He never seemed to mind if he had it or he didn't, unless it was bedtime, before Carrigan came along. I wanted Carrigan to stay asleep for this picture, but like I said, I lay her down and she is awake! Their diapers poking out from both of their pants is one of those little things that makes their mommy smile. :)

3 comments:

Laura King said...

So precious, and so much fun getting insight into Carrigan's personality as we anxiously await our visit. And Gavin, what a sweetie. He was talking and giggling on the phone tonight and it made me laugh...and then cry. Can't wait to see you all Thursday!

Crystal_King said...

Awwww! She's really changing so much! I love newborns, but it's amazing how much they change in just one month. She's so beautiful and if her pictures don't do her justice I can't imagine seeing her in person! She's perfect! Gavin seems to be doing well with baby sister. By the way I've been meaning to ask you, did you guys ever get our package from Carrigan? I just wanted to be sure it made it their safely?

Email me anytime with nursing questions if I can help! Hope you and your beautiful family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Give Bill and Laura hugs from us!

Laura Carson said...

Yes we got the package and the clothes are sooo cute! Thank You! I have been so bad about sending thank you cards since she came along. You will get one soon!

Oh.. and Levi and I were saying how cute she will be in the pink coat next year. I couldn't resist and put it on Gavin. It fit! ha.. Pink isn't quite his color, so we will save it for Carrigan. :)

I am also working on that e-mail of questions!

Happy Thanksgiving!