Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carrigan the Friendly Ghost

Carrigan's 1 week appointment was Friday and she is in perfect condition! She was born weighing 8.1 lbs, left the hospital weighing 7.13 and now weighs 8.5! I am very pleased that she is gaining weight so well.

She is still a very content baby like her brother was. She however does not like being laid in her bassinet and does NOT like being swaddled. She has to be out cold to swaddle her and not get a fuss. She also has yet to cry at night and only gets upset for diaper changes when its cold in the room. She does a short, one second wail when she isn't getting fed quickly enough. It is the saddest, cutest, little sound we've ever heard.

We also cannot believe she is a week old already! Time is already whizzing past!

I have had wonderful help since I have been home. Everyday I have either had Levi or my mom here to help. My mom has been great. Doing laundry, dishes, taking Gavin out, bringing me breakfast in bed (can't say I'm not going to miss that!) and anything else I need. I don't know what a girl would do without her mother!

My first day to go at it alone is Tuesday, so be thinking about me! I am not to pick up Gavin for 5 more weeks and that is making things VERY hard on both of us. Tears have been shed from the 2 of us on numerous occasions. It is so hard not being able to carry around my baby boy. :(

Pictures of Gavin the Dinosaur soon to come!


ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL??? She looks like a little porcelain doll. She has her Momma's long fingers. That is for sure! Being cuddled in Nana's arms.
She looks so much like Gavin did at this age in this picture.

2 comments:

thebenignus said...

aww too cute! it is making me want to see my baby girl so bad now. Im glad that things are going well. Hopefully things will go very smooth for you when you are at it all by yourself. Im sure they will do great for you. She looks like Gavin when baby but there is something different about her on the face, not sure what... maybe the nose??

Crystal_King said...

Of course she is beautiful!!! PERFECT! Glad to hear things are going so well. If I was closer I'd love to help! It's amazing how quickly she's changed already just since she's been born. Keep the pictures coming! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, you'll do great! Give them both hugs and kissed from Auntie Crystal!!!!!