Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet as Pie

Levi took Gavin out to run some errands this morning, so I had some time to take some pictures of my beautiful baby girl.

Everything is going great with our little darling. She nurses very well, only cries for diaper changes, gives us the sweetest little faces and sleeps though the night! (other than to eat of course)
Her Daddy was smitten from the first time he laid eyes on her. I will tell more about that when I get a chance to tell "her story"

Her hair is almost the exact same as Gavin's was, except she has my hair line and is a tad darker. We aren't too sure about what color her eyes will be. They are blue, but darker than Gavin's were when he was born. Daddy has green, Mommy has brown, and Brother has blue so they could go any way!

Oh, and she looks just like my baby pictures! I keep hearing that she either looks like me or my mom and since I have always been told I look like my mom, that makes me happy too! We have a boy who looks like his Daddy and a girl who looks like her Mommy. It can't get any better than that!

Her first checkup is on Friday so we will find out how much she weighs. She left the hospital weighing 7.13 lbs. Gavin's appointment is the same day since we missed his 15 month check up due to being in the hospital having a baby!

4 comments:

Crystal_King said...

OH Laura, she's so beautiful!!! I've been checking your blog like a mad woman just waiting for more pictures!! She's so pretty!!! I know you're just soaking all this in and I'm so happy for you! To have a boy and a girl, you're so truly blessed. I can't wait to see her and the rest of you! Her eyes could go either way, but they look so dark, I hope they're brown like yours! Either way, she's just perfect and we're thinking of you!

Laura and I were talking about this tonight...

Isn't it funny how Gavin looks all boy and Carrigan is total girl? You know what I mean? Even if you dressed Gavin in all pink, he'd still look like a boy. Same, but opposite goes for Carrigan. It's just so amazing how God makes them so perfect!! Have fun and we can't wait to hear updates on how she's doing!! Are you feeling okay by the way?

Laura Carson said...

I feel fantastic! I am actually feeling so well that I am waiting for it to all catch up with me. I have been able to recover and it's been great. Only a handful of people have met Carrigan but there was no way I could risk not being able to move around like last time.
My prayers were answered!

Lane said...

She is just so cute! I wanna squeeze those little cheeks!! :) She's just looks like a little doll.

Laura King said...

We have the 6th picture as our wallpaper right now and I love to just sit and gaze at my granddaughter! Every feature is so perfect...and she didn't get the cursed "King eyebrow"!! Yes, 1 eyebrow that covers both eyes!! It's not quite that bad, but...
I'm so glad for you that you are feeling good and that Carrigan is nursing so well. That is such a blessing!! Give both of our grandkids hugs from us please. Can't wait to see all of you atThanksgiving!