Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ultrasound

Before you go looking for pics, let me tell you that they will be sent to us in the mail on CD. BUMMER! I will post them as soon as they arrive!

First of all, our baby is GORGEOUS!! Simply Gorgeous!!
And secondly, our little one is in perfect condition! The ultrasound tech said the same thing as my doctor. We might get an early arrival! The head is down and baby already weighs 7.1 lbs. Gavin was born weighing 7.6! I know they can be off by a whole pound, but that would explain why I am so much bigger this go around. The chest is measuring 40 weeks, but she said at this point measurements aren't all that accurate due to the baby's size. I sure hope I don't deliver a big baby!

Heartbeat: 136

New due date: October 24, 2008.

If the baby is born before the 24th, Gavin and baby will be only 14 months apart!

Also God answered my prayers today! Levi suddenly had to stay at work and couldn't come with me to the appointment. I, of course, started crying as soon as he called and told me he wasn't coming. One, because he shouldn't miss out on special moments, and two, WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO WITH GAVIN?? My mom was leaving straight from work to Oklahoma and she was my only option!
I went ahead and took him with me, hoping he would sit, eat snacks, look at books, and be calm. I kept him up so he would sleep in the car on the hour long drive to the ultrasound.
A miracle occurred. When getting out of the car he STAYED ASLEEP! This never happens! Seriously never! This did mean that I had to carry him in his car seat, the diaper bag and my purse through the parking lot and to the office, but it was worth it! He stayed asleep the entire ultrasound and only woke up when I took him into the bathroom afterwards. He even went right back to sleep when we got back in the car. That was truly God answering one emotional pregnant woman's prayers!!

3 comments:

Laura King said...

Gavin was/is gorgeous, so I have no doubt his little brother or sister will be just as gorgeous. I'll be waiting for a phone call as quickly as you can when you go into labor.. day or night! Just thinking about your family and how it's growing makes me smile. Much love.

Piker Family said...

I take back my comment about you having a girl! I totally had the heart rate myth backwards. Anyway, I am so excited for you and you will be in my prayers. I know you will have your hands full. Just remember, He will not put on you more than you can bear. Obviously the Lord knows you are more than capable to handle the challenges that are ahead. I can't wait to see pics of your new love....I know he/she will be so adorable.

thebenignus said...

Lucky you! Dylan went so hyper during the ultrasound. My due date is not November 28th anymore because I'm going to be enduce again. On the 14th of this month I get an ultrasound for a growth scan and then we will be picking the date on November. I have the feeling it will happen on the second week or so. Crazy. We are both so close and I still remember when we both found out that we were expecting.