Sunday, June 15, 2008

Nature.. Both Good and Bad

Friday afternoon the weather was actually pretty decent compared to recent days, so I decided to take Gavin out for a walk. Gavin was itching to get out of the house and was giddy when I got the stroller out! We were only at our first stop for a few minutes when I noticed we were sitting in ants. Ugh.. So we get back in the stroller and head to a new shady spot.
We tried the sunglasses out and Gavin taught me that glasses are not for wearing, they are for eating. We then tried some Mommy and me pictures. This is a 10 month old's version of hugs and kisses...A pinch and a bite.. That's more like it... We had only been outside about 15 minutes, enjoying every minute, when I notice a spider on his shoulder. I flick it off , pick him up to make sure it was gone, and all the sudden he starts throwing up. It is all over me, himself and the camera. Before I could get us cleaned up, he starts throwing up again. Of course I am wondering if the spider bit him and I am about to make a puke covered trip to the emergency room! So I get back to the house as fast as I can , strip him down and check every nook and cranny for a bite or rash. Fortunately after about an hour of checking him every 5 minutes for any change, I found nothing. I guess he must have snuck in a leaf or who knows what else when I wasn't looking. I am so thankful he is okay, but am so upset a stupid spider ruined our one decent day!

1 comment:

thebenignus said...

Look at him standing up all by himself!! Such a big boy. Can't wait for the day he is running and we get him and Dylan together. Oh, when will that day come??