Monday, March 23, 2009

5 Months



I say this every month, but I can't believe she is 5 months old!!! Really... I can't wrap my mind around the fact that my youngest child is 5 months. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was pregnant with Gavin, google-ing 1 month old baby... 2 month old baby.. for pictures of what I had to look forward to every month?

Carrigan is learning how to sit up unassisted.

She is all about whatever she can get into her mouth. Whenever Gavin gets cl
ose enough, she pulls his hair, paci and clothes. It is rare that Gavin finds it amusing!

She gives away smiles all day, but you have to work for a laugh. Her squeals are insanely loud.

The only ways she will go to sleep is by nursing or in her swing, which is becoming less and less effective. I bought another paci the other day that she will take after she has fallen asleep. It is really only useful in the car or when I am holding her. I wish she would take one while she is awake!!! And No, I am not glad about having one less thing to take away later. How many times have you put a paci in your child's mouth to "shush" them? -- That's what I thought! =)

I still need to swaddle her to keep her asleep. After it taking a couple of months to be able to swaddle her at all, I am wondering if I will be doing this forever.

Carrigan may turn out to be my strong willed child. I have let her splash in the bath with Gavin a few times, and as soon as I take her out, she cries. If she gets ahold of a magazine or newspaper, and you take it out of her hands... Yep... She cries!

With each month that passes, her daddy gets more tightly wrapped around his little girl's finger. Levi can go on and on about her eyes. He is constantly complimenting her chubby body, eyelashes, smile, clothes, laugh, and mannerisms.

Gavin was 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant with Carrigan. That still blows my mind!
Carrigan was doing everything she could to see the video playing on the computer. Gavin needed to help clean Carrigan after a paint project.

2 comments:

Crystal_King said...

Those are great pictures! I can't believe she's 5 months old either! I wanted to comment on the swaddling...

I thought Camden would have his 1st birthday still being swaddled! He couldn't nap or anything. But, if I were you don't worry. Eventually they get big enough to either wiggle their way out completely or rufuse it eventually. For us, not only did Camden wiggle his way out but the moment we saw him throw his swaddle blanket over his face that was it. We quit cold turkey!

Laura King said...

Sitting up on her own?!? It will make her so happy when she masters it, but time is going too quickly!! What a sweet precious girl!

(And I'd still swaddle mine if it meant I could tuck them all in bed every night!)