Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Paci-Free is the Way to Be!

Sunday we were on our way to Little Rock and could only find one paci to bring with us. Somewhere during our day Levi noticed Gavin had bit a hole in it. Since all he was getting was a mouth full of air when he tried sucking on it, Gavin chewed it and kept it in the side of his mouth.
We noticed on the way home he had laid it in his lap and fell asleep without it. Since then I made sure to only give him the paci with the hole in it. Today he asked for his paci once. When I handed it to him he said, "Uh-uh Mama" and threw it. He has gone down for his nap and bed without it. We seem to be officially paci free!

I am going to miss it! It seems to take him a very long time to wind down for bed without it. Nap is usually at 11:30 and has been at 2:00 since he stopped using a paci. I may be driven insane.

Oh, and yes, he has called his paci, "mama" for a while now. For about a month my name was Laura. (Raura or Wawa) I am happy to be the only "Momma" in the house once again!

The last picture I have of my boy with his paci.

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Yea for Gavin! I DREAD the day when we decide to take away Lydia's paci! She really only takes it when she sleeps, but she LOVES it! If she wakes up at night (or even during nap) and can't find it, it's devestating for her. I was just thinking this morning that we've got to start trying soon, because she wakes us up at night if she can't find it! I would love to have some nights where I don't have to get up!