Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mr Smarty Pants


These past few weeks have been amazingly fun with Gavin. He has started talking so much more than ever before! There is no way possible for me to list all his new words. In fact, when Levi comes home from work each day I tell him Gavin's new phrase instead of his new word. It is amazing to hear a series of words come out of his mouth that have never been said before! I LOVE IT!

Some of my favorites:
Thank You, Momma. Said, "Kank Eww, Mooooma"
DaDa, Help. "HAY-e-p!"
More mac & cheese, Momma. "Moh ma-ma keys, Momma"
Where baby kitty go?
DaDa Home!!
Airplane high in sky "airmaine"
A booboo knee? Said for a booboo on any part of the body.
Sticky Hand "Ham"
Puzzle Piece "pubble peas"
C'mon, Carrigan!

There are plenty more that I can't think of right now!

He is also insanely interested in puzzles. When we give him a brand new puzzle, he will have it figured out in less than 3 minutes. I have sat with my mouth wide open in amazement!

Books have also come back in style. I read Goodnight Moon 100+ times a day. The book looks run ragged!

He LOVES to spell his name. G-A-B-I-M! ha... He wants to know every letter, color, number and animal.

Here is my handsome boy right after a haircut he got 2 weeks ago. He screamed, kicked and cried like he did when he had blood drawn. We had a crowd surrounding our chair with people offering their cell phones, suckers and funny faces to try to calm him down. It was awful!! Looks like I'll be cutting his hair myself for a bit longer!

You can really see how his hair is getting darker in these pictures. You can see the blonde peaking through in spots. He looks so grown up!! I miss my blonde spiky haired baby!

Who here thinks this is a picture of my child? I don't. It can't be. Who told him he could grow up so fast?
Oh - and what makes him look so different in this picture? (besides the haircut) Eyebrows!! Don't ask me how, but in this picture he has them. ha. I have put eye shadow over the few eyebrow hairs he has, and boy -o- boy do they have a high arch! It's been 2 years and I still can't get over that dimple! Hmm... Should I be a Doctor or Lawyer? Perhaps a famous Movie Star? I've got it! I'll do all 3! I have no idea why this slide upset him. He goes down much bigger ones at the park!

4 comments:

Laura King said...

Oh my goodness. He is changing so much! What a handsome little man! Can't wait to see you all next month!
Aren't phrases so much fun!! It's all happening so fast.

Piker Family said...

Okay, I did not think this was Gavin at first! He is looking so much older. Time needs to slow down!!

Laura King said...

I showed our family blogs to Aunt Debra's granddaughters and daughter-in-law today. They loved looking at all of them and kept saying "these are our cousins!"

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Laura-He is so handsome! I was going to say beautiful, but don't think Gavin or his Daddy would like that! ;)