Friday, January 22, 2010

An Amazing Milestone

Gavin's beautiful newborn foot.
Carrigan's beautiful newborn foot.
The last day of Gavin's 14th month he became a big brother to Carrigan Bailee Carson - King. Today is the last day of Carrigan's 14th month. The flood of emotions is more than I can even explain. I want to kiss that sweet little baby face of my darling boy. I want to frantically search for Carrigan's 1st year. It's got to be around here somewhere. There is no way she is this old yet. She can ask for, "More Baba Please" & say "Cookie All Gone." There is no way she is old enough for that yet. She even says "Tan Chu, Momma" (thank you) and responds to "I Love You" with "Luh V"

Goodness, that little boy. He will randomly come up to me telling me he has a booboo on his cheek or lips just to get an extra kiss. Just yesterday when Gavin scraped his foot, Carrigan came up to me and asked, Booboo? I said yes as I rubbed Gavin's foot, so Carrigan bent down and kissed his it.

Tonight Gavin put his play phone up to a doll's ear and had a conversation. After he hung up he had to smell the baby's bottom to see if he was stinky. The doll was, so Gavin took off his diaper. He is so precious. They are growing up way too fast. Sometimes I look at Carrigan and just stare. How did I make something so beautiful? Gavin gets called a "Momma's Boy" by just about everybody he comes in contact with. Thank you to all who have ever said those words. They are the greatest compliment! Carrigan, your daddy has put his claim on you!! If someone says you are a Mommy's girl, your daddy responds, No, She's MINE!! (although you really are a Mommy's girl too!)

Carrigan (better known as "sister" in our house) you are amazing and light up a room like nobody else. You have an infectious energy, silliness and love that we just couldn't live without. Your daddy, Gavin and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you and can't wait to spend the rest of our lives with you!

No comments: