Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 Months Old!


Since Carrigan has been born, I frequently get asked in one form or another, how stressful and "run ragged" my days are. I usually reply that yes, I am busy, but I have easy going little ones. Almost every time, that person goes on with a story about how hard it was when own children were babies or a story about how awful a friend has it with two babies close in age.
The truth is, once we got past the first two months of constant feedings and little to no sleep, it has gotten easier and easier. Carrigan has Gavin to entertain her and that takes away most the work!
Before we found out we were pregnant with Carrigan, my plan was to wait until Gavin was 3 to get pregnant. I wanted to be able to enjoy Gavin with no interruptions. But my goodness how God knew what was best for our family!
Gavin spends most of his days only coming in contact with immediate family. I am not the most social person and Gavin is extremely shy. hmm.. wonder where he got that from. I have been so sad at times that Gavin had no official "friends" to play with. So early on in my pregnancy I started telling Gavin that God had given him a friend. Each month as Carrigan grows, Gavin becomes more and more aware that she is a playmate.
Just a few mornings ago Levi and Gavin were up a little earlier than Carrigan and myself. I woke up to Gavin going in and out of the room, throwing Carrigan's favorite toys on me as if to say, Come on Carrigan, wake up and play! That was such a fun way to wake up! Oh and just the other night I heard Gavin say, Night Night, Carrigan. If a heart can smile, mine did!

When Levi and I were dating I told him one day when we have a girl, we are going to name her Carrigan. He said okay. Ever since I had been waiting for her. I still can't believe she is here. Happy 6 months, pretty girl!



A few Carrigan facts:

She is sitting up like a pro.

She has TWO teeth!

She LOVES Elmo! Gavin got an Elmo Live for Christmas and we now keep it in the car for fussy moments. Any time Elmo is on, she is a happy girl!

Carrigan isn't the difficult baby I thought she might turn into. She is perfectly happy and content.

She will now fall asleep in the car. Thank you, Lord!! She still needs to be swaddled for naps and at night.

From day 1 I said I would nurse her until she got teeth. The problem is, she won't take a bottle. Any suggestions????

She makes the sounds: mama, buba, hi ( I know she isn't really saying the words!) and she pops her lips together. That has to be the cutest thing!

She only wants to be held by myself, Levi and NaNa.

Carrigan is a mover and a shaker. When she stands in your lap she will bend her knees and "jump" while squealing. Any time she doesn't have a toy in one hand, she is patting it on something or someone. She will also grab ahold of her ExerSaucer and rock it back and forth as hard as she can. She is so fun to watch!

Her hair is coming in quickly. It is quite a bit thicker and more coarse than Gavin's was. It is wavy, if not curly.

Her eye lashes (they are black, long and thick. They touch the top of her eyebrows!), and shape and color of her eyes are her most commented feature. Gavin's was his hair as it was blonde and stuck straight up at this age! When I took this picture Levi said, "Make up a long story."
I had no idea what he was talking about, and obviously he was faking sleep in the picture.

Then I realized he meant when I post it on the blog, come up with a sweet story about how Daddy put his little girl to sleep. Ha... perhaps I blog too much if he sees every picture as a blog post? :)

3 comments:

Just Jiff said...

Time flies! Your kiddos are beautiful, you are amazing, and your husband looks so great with his little girl. :)

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Aww...happy 6 month birthday! =) She is too sweet! That is so fun that Gavin loves her so much! They will have lots of fun in the future!

Crystal_King said...

So many posts!!! I love them all! I really can't believe she's already 6 months old! That's crazy to me! She's growing so fast and she gets more and more pretty with each picture you post!

I loved the video's! Looked like Gavin and her have a great time! Camden needs a sibling!! Or we just need to live closer! :) With the nursing with teeth thing, Camden got his first tooth at 5 months old but it wasn't until he was 9 to 10 months old that he started biting and even though he stopped nursing on his own, I would have probably stopped soon there after because he started biting VERY hard. Is she biting you quite a bit? Every once in awhile although painful I couldn tolerate, but all the time, no way! I'm so proud of how great you been doing nursing! It's a BIG commitment and accomplishment! Miss you guys!!!!