Monday, April 6, 2009

A fabulous day turned ugly - Part 1

My niece Madi spent the night Friday and Saturday was beautiful. The kids had donuts for breakfast then we went outside to take my new stroller for a test stroll. I love, love, love it!

After our stroll, I couldn't find the kiddie pool, so I filled the largest pot I could find up with water and we enjoyed the weather on the deck.

Carrigan enjoyed her first picnic lunch with us.

All the sudden Gavin started fussing and I realized it was an hour past nap. I took him inside and thought he felt warm. His temp was 101.8, so I gave him a dose of Tylenol and he fell asleep.... 30 minutes later I hear, "Momma" It was strange. I wasn't even sure it was Gavin. He was still asleep, (I assume) but his eyes were open. His hands and eyes were shaking. I slowly wake him to make sure he was okay. After that, he doesn't go back to sleep.

By 6:00 p.m. he was begging to go to bed. That is a bit early, so I took him and Carrigan out for another stroll. By 8:00 he is in bed, and I check his temp again.

It is 105.

We immediately put him in the bath and give him Tylenol. In the bath we notice he had gotten too much sun and was red on his shoulders and face. After his bath his temp is only down to 104.3. I call the nurse and she advises us to take him to the ER. My sister pulled into the drive way as we were putting him in the bath, so Levi and I were able to pack like mad men a bit easier.

At 9:00 p.m. we load Gavin and Carrigan into the car and head for Ar Children's Hospital.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yikes! I hate when the kids are sick.