Saturday, August 15, 2009

Now that's what I call a good day.

This post will be B-O-R-I-N-G to anyone but myself! I actually recommend that you don't read it because it really isn't worth it! I want to remember always what I consider to be a fun, eventful, satisfying Saturday at this point in my life.

Carrigan and I slept in late until 8:30. By 9:00 I was in the shower while Levi watched the kids. At 10:30 a.m. Gavin and I headed out the door with strict instruction from my mother that I was to only spend my birthday present (money) on myself. We went to 3 stores and bought 3 pairs of shoes for myself. The last time I bought shoes was long before Gavin was born and Levi made me do it! The whole while Gavin followed directly behind me and never once needed to be told "No." He thought the shoes on display needed to be put back in their boxes and would quietly take his shoes off to try on a pair with me. We then went to, where else, but McDonald's for lunch. When I have alone time with my boy, you'd better believe he is going to be happy! At 12:30 we arrived home to see Levi watching a movie while Carrigan slept on his chest.

At 3:30 p.m. Carrigan and I left to find her shoes. In both stores she wanted to be on the floor, walking up to people and tasting all the shoes within her reach. At one time a little boy and Carrigan were checking each other out as his mother Ohh and Awwed (I didn't know how to spell that, but you know what I mean right?) the baby girl shoes. At that time I was reminded how lucky I am to have one of each. I remember doing the same thing before I had little Miss Carrigan! I found her two ADORABLE shoes that are perfect for pairing with Fall clothing, then it was back home we went.

We arrived home to see Levi and Gavin sound asleep. Yep, Gavin took a late nap until SIX THIRTY! Gavin then had his "Forkables" and cinnamon bread and it was off to the park we went for more mother and son time. He again was a perfect angel, and I, for the first time watched him go down the big blue curly slide all by himself. Wow, it is an amazing feeling to watch him gain independence.

After stopping at Sonic for drinks, (me, Vanilla Coke and him water because, well, he won't drink anythng else) we expected to come home to a sleeping Carrigan. It is 8:00 p.m. after all. Nope, we hear squeals from the moment we open the door. She and daddy are in a bubble bath having a great time.

Gavin sat down and ate the ice from his drink. (he LOVES ice and always has) Now it is 10:10 p.m. and I can hear Levi and Gavin playing with coins shouting "We're Rich!" while watching Noggin. Noggin is back on as of yesterday. I considered that a fantastic birthday present! Yay for Max & Ruby, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, Franklin, Little Bill and the rest of the cartoons that I love *ahem* Gavin loves. :)

Now it is time to go kiss my sleeping baby girl and find out WHEN my 2 yr old will be tired enough to go to bed.

Saturdays as a mom is quite different than it was a short 2 years ago, but I wouldn't change them for the world.

No comments: