Thursday, August 13, 2009

The rash today...



This is how she woke up this morning. If you can believe it, the pictures don't show it as bad as it really is. There is hardly a white spot on her face.

The doctor said to look at the baby not the rash. She should be feeling fine if it is Roseola, but she doesn't. She is a fussy mess that doesn't want off my lap. I hate this for her.

Yesterday the people in the waiting room at the doctor's office looked at her like I had brought in the plague. I can't imagine how they are going to react if I need to bring her in again!

Big Brother has been a big help by bringing her all her favorite toys and lots of hugs when she gets upset. When she was taking her medicine he would gently help hold her still, wipe her mouth, then applaud saying, "Good Girl, Carrigan!"

6 comments:

Laura King said...

What a great big brother! He can certainly empathize with her. Camden wasn't as miserable as poor Carrigan sounds like when he had roseola, but he didn't act "normal" either. And wasn't Gavin a little cranky too when he had it. She looks so sad. Wish I was there to help somehow.

Grubb Family said...

I know you don't know me, but I'm Margaret Lamp's sister. I'm a mom, nurse, and in pharmacy school. I know she just had an ear infection, by any chance was she or is she on penicillin? It kinda looks like a reaction to penicillin/amoxicillin. Just thinking of another option other than roseola. Good luck!

Laura Carson said...

Yes, she was on amoxicillin. A couple of nurses at the hospital Levi works at thought the same thing. I did ask the doctor. He said it wouldn't have caused a fever. He wasn't 100% sure that it is roseola. He just kept saying, "Wow, that is quite a rash!" She still isn't acting her normal self, so I am calling him tomorrow. Hopefully we can get this figured out.

Lane said...

Oh my word Laura!! Poor baby! What are they supposed to do about it? Hope she gets better for her sake, and yours! :)

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Poor baby!! Her pictures broke my heart when I saw them...I can't imagine how you feel! Hope that she gets feeling better REAL soon!

Just Jiff said...

Bless her heart. She looks miserable. :(

Hope she gets better soon.