Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gavin's 1st Birthday Party!

Gavin had his first birthday party today!! He won't be officially 1 for another 5 days, but we wanted to have the party when Levi's family would be able to make it to Searcy. Thank you so much for coming!
Unfortunately Gavin was all but a happy camper for his party. Yesterday I took him to the doctor and he has a viral infection, pink eye and allergies that just won't leave him alone. From the moment he woke up this morning all he wanted was for me to hold him. The moment his feet touched the ground he would scream! This made doing all the decorating a little difficult!
The party turned out great and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The kids especially loved the pool. It was the first time we were letting Gavin swim in NaNa's pool but with being sick, the heat and so many people around he didn't want any part of it.
Here are some pictures from the party. It is hard choosing from 185 pictures taken today!

Mommy and the sick little birthday boy. Poor baby! Gavin's dinosaur cake! Isn't his little puppy cake cute? I had been nervous about lighting the candle for months so Levi and I stood on either side of him while singing the birthday song. Sure enough as soon as the song starts he sticks his hand right in the flame , gets hot wax on his hand and bursts into tears! My poor little boy! There wasn't a burn and he still played in the cake. He even tasted icing which was more than I expected! Ms Carol... Just about the only thing that could make him laugh! Grandma checking out my mess! Present time! I promise I like my car Grandma and Grandpa! After everyone had left I took Gavin outside and tried out the pool again. He wanted to jump right in! I stripped him naked and my mom came outside and got in with him. She was dressed from head to toe! The things grandmothers will do... :) It was a great day and we are so thankful for everyone who came!

4 comments:

Crystal_King said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the great pictures! Was he more interested in the gifts or the wrapping paper?!! It looks like even though Gavin wasn't feeling the best that he was a trooper! I can't believe he'll be 1!! Time really just goes so quickly!

Did you receive our package in the mail? I just wanted to be sure you've received it. Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly, I was excited to see how it went! Glad you all had a fun day!

Laura Carson said...

Yes we received the gift. He is enjoying it. Thanks! We wish you guys could have made it but we understand. I am counting down the days until his birthday. I haven't decided if I should be excited or sad! I guess I can be both. :)

Lane said...

Aww, it looks like you guys had so much fun. Stinks he was sick though for his first birthday! Can you believe you have a one year old and now one on the way!?! Speaking of...you should put a baby bump pic up! :)

Crystal_King said...

Definitely be excited! Just think, if you miss all the newborn baby days, you're in luck since you'll have your next little one soon! You'll get the best of both worlds! I'm glad you got it. We REALLY wish we could have been there. If it wasn't for me working on Saturday we would have come. Saturday is the biggest day for me as far as appts. and money making goes. I usually have to know far in advance to schedule time off since my clients book ahead of time. Anyways, I enjoyed all the great pictures!!!