Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gavin Sawyer! What On Earth???

What do you get when you turn your back on an 11 month old for less than 2 minutes? TROUBLE! Trouble is what you get!! It is ironic because the shirt he was wearing during the second story actually says, Nothing But Trouble

Monday Gavin was playing in the living room so I went into the kitchen to finish loading the dishwasher. All the sudden I hear Gavin yelling, "Momma No No No No!" I look into the living room and I had left my cup on the side table. Gavin was putting his hand as close as it could get without actually touching the cup, pulling his hand away and saying "Momma No No No No" It was hilarious! I've actually seen him do this before when getting too close to the stairs, but this was the first time he's done it without me being in the room. Hopefully he will always be this easy to discipline when he becomes a toddler!

Now onto today! A couple of hours ago Gavin woke up from his nap, had a bottle, then played for a little while. I was right in the room with him the entire time. There was nothing out of the ordinary. All of the sudden I notice blood on his shirt. I go to him to check it out and there is blood all over his chin! What in the world?? Just as I notice the phone rings, its my mom, I tell her what happened and I'll have to call her back. She was on her way to taking Madi over to the park so she was knocking on the door within 2 minutes!
I just couldn't figure it out, then it hit me that he was trying to open his wipes with his teeth. I let him have an empty wipe box because he loves putting his toys in it and shutting it closed. Sure enough there was blood all over his box! While trying to open it, he cut the inside of his bottom lip on the lid.
Well THEN I bring him upstairs, I am on the computer for a few minutes, look back, and this is what I see!
I couldn't believe it! You might be thinking I need to keep a closer eye on my child, but if you know me, you probably think I need to give the boy a little more space!
I couldn't believe it didn't phase him one little bit. He never fussed either time. What a sneak to have done it twice!

3 comments:

Crystal_King said...

OH my goodness! I bet your were a nervous wreck trying to figure out where all the blood was coming from! That's good though that he didn't fuss so it must not have hurt him too bad? Are those baby wipes in the first picture? Silly Gavin! Funny story!

You feeling good? Give that belly a rub for me! :) I miss being pregnant!

Laura Carson said...

Yes those are baby wipes. He had opened the box, taken out a few wipes at a time, put them in his mouth, then laid them down and did the same over and over again. I just wonder how the wipes didn't sting his lip!

Well as far as being pregnant goes I am feeling good. I have a sinus infection at the moment and it is nearly killing me. Thankfully since Levi is gone nearly 24/7 with school and work my mom able to help with Gavin since she is on summer vacation.

Crystal_King said...

Do you think (because he is a smart boy) that maybe he was trying to wipe the blood out of his mouth?

Sorry you're not feeling the best. Carl was sick the other day too. Luckily Camden and I haven't gotten it. I'm glad your mom can help out and hopefully you can catch up on some much needed rest!