Saturday, July 5, 2008

The news is out!

Last week Levi and I decided to let our parents in on a little secret we have been keeping. Baby number 2 is on its way! Thats right! We are pregnant AGAIN!
To add to the surprise, we also let them know that we are not newly pregnant. I am now 22 weeks along! Our two loves will only be 15 months apart!!!
And YES it was unplanned! Just about as unplanned as you can get! My preference was to wait until Gavin was 3 to have another baby.
We know it isn't the nicest thing to keep news this big a secret, especially for 5 whole months, but there was just something about it that was fun. Although I cannot say all reactions to the news were fun! I could read all over my mom's face that she wanted to slap me as soon as we told her. She decided to rub my back instead. ha...
You may be wondering if we know the sex of the baby yet, but we actually don't. We should be finding out VERY soon but due to an insurance glitch we haven't. (don't they know not to mess with a pregnant woman??)
The baby is doing very well and kicks like crazy! The heartbeat is 146 and I am measuring correctly this time around. With Gavin I was measuring small because I had such horrible morning sickness. I gained my first pound during that pregnancy at my 8 month checkup. I wish I could say the same this time! Maybe I'll post the belly pics from the 1st pregnancy. hehe
Oh, and to Levi's family.. Yes this means I was pregnant at Easter. I was going through morning sickness at that time. It took just about everything out of me to wake up at 3 a.m. drive 4 hours, then thanks to my husband, have to drive the last hour home! That was rough! :) He did tell me I was superwoman when we arrived home.
And to Laura.. If you remember, when we were at Red Robin, after I put Gavin's highchair at the table, I just stood there for a few minutes. You asked me if I was trying to decide if Levi or I should sit by Gavin. I was actually trying to decide if you or Bill would order the more offensive smelling meal. :) I remembered that you have ordered fish a few times I have eaten with you, so I chose to sit in front of Bill. ha..

And I know this is mean BUT Levi and I are actually debating whether to keep the sex of the baby a secret after we find out. If you think about it, the baby is due in 4 months, so you would be waiting the same amount of time as if we had told you we were pregnant from the beginning!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Cliff actually told us a few days ago, so I've been checking the blog a lot the last few days to see if you were letting the cat out of the bag! But WOW! He didn't say you were 22 weeks! How exciting! My sister and I are 14 months apart (yeah, I was a big surprise, too), and I love it! We are so close because of it.

Congrats, again! We'll keep you in our prayers. :)

Margaret said...

Oh, and I can't believe you didn't gain any weight until 8 months with Gavin!!!! So jealous...

Piker Family said...

OMG!!! I am so happy for you! I know it wasn't planned but we both know it is such a blessing. Congratulations!

thebenignus said...

Finally! the news are out. It is good to be able to talk about it now. Now i can say that we are both preggo at the same time!!!! Cant wait to see what you guys are having this time. Join the club of having a girl. It is just fair. But, if you have another boy... want to trade?? :)

Crystal_King said...

I don't really think it matters if you keep the sex of the baby to yourselves or not. I say do what makes you happy. We're just rooting for a healthy baby no matter boy or girl! :) We can't wait for another nephew or niece! Hope you're feeling great!!! :)