Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm a 1 year old!!

Yesterday Gavin officially turned 1. I didn't get emotional like I thought I would. I think it will take some time to get used to saying I have a 1 year old. But I know lots of fun will come this next year!

We started off the day by playing outside. Then it was time for his first big bubble bath! This picture almost made me cry. Gavin looks exactly like my dad did in his elementary school year book pictures. I used to laugh at him because every year he had the same goofy look on his face. I need to scan one and put them side by side. It makes me feel like my dad showed up to wish him a happy birthday! Levi had to work during the day but had a little while to play before going to class. Mom and Madi stopped by to wish him happy birthday and eat cupcakes. Since it was the last day for this class, Levi was home by 7, so we got to spend some outside time playing with some of his new toys. Then of course we had to have cake!! I am not going to get sentimental in this post about how wonderful and blessed my life is now that I am the mother of the most beautiful and sweet child in the world, but I can't resist posting at least one picture (or three) of me and my baby. I know all moms think their child is the most beautiful in the world, but from the moment he was born he was simply gorgeous!!

2 comments:

thebenignus said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!! It is crazy that he is 1 yr old already!! They grow up way too quick. Dylan says he will go play with him sometime soon hopefully :)
He will be receiving a late birthday gift from us in the mail soon. I promise. Well hope he has a wonderful year and you have fun with him too. It is going to be fun!!! get ready!

Crystal_King said...

Wow, what a big boy! I hope you enjoyed Gavin's first birthday! I love the new pictures you posted. Are you feeling good? It's crazy to think that in just a few days August will be here and before you know it your new little one will be here too! Are you guys going to find out what you're having or have you yet? I hope you're all doing great! Take care!