Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Preggopotamus

I am now 30 weeks pregnant. Notice there is no exclamation mark.

I am sure everyone at some point in time has heard the saying that the only reason women decide to have another child is because they have suffered amnesia since their last pregnancy and delivery. Well amnesia didn't quite have time to kick in for me! 5 months just wasn't a long enough break!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this baby very much and am super excited about the day we get to meet face to face. Pregnancy is just taking its toll on me. Levi even told me last night that when he looks at me he doesn't see me as pregnant because it seems I have been pregnant for so long.

The baby is now high enough to take my breath away (painfully) when I yawn. I can't sit back and relax because then I can't breathe. When I stand up it feels like my abdomen is falling to the floor. *also painful* I had more than frequent reflux with Gavin, but this time is different. It isn't as often, but when it happens it HURTS! When I sit up from lying down my throat feels on fire. This makes me quite upset every time I wake up and have to make another trip to the bathroom or Gavin wakes during the night because I know the pain that is about to come!

Also my sleep situation is only getting worse. Last night at around 4:00 Gavin woke up. Since I had not yet fallen asleep for the night, I put him in bed with me and we both just laid there looking out the window. Finally at 4:50 we both headed downstairs and watched Full House. After a bowl of cereal for me and a bottle for him we headed back upstairs to lay looking out the window once more.

This pregnancy isn't a bad one. It is actually going far better than last time considering everything, but sometimes a girl just needs to complain!

Since my mom went back to work last week and Levi is still working full time and getting his Masters (only 4 more months!) I decided to get a fun gift for myself. Monday we ordered the gender predictor test I kept reading about in baby magazines. It says it is 90% accurate, but we just want to do it for fun. I will actually share the results with you all whether they come out right or wrong, so don't get your hopes up based on what you read! Don't worry though, I am confident before the next 10 weeks are up Levi will decide it is okay to share the news. And NOBODY is being left out more than others. Not one soul has been told.

And for the first time I will post a belly pic! Since Levi is not home I had to take it myself so its not so great, but it will have to do.
And here is the 1 yr old from earlier today. He thinks it is funny to get stuck behind things until he realizes he is actually stuck! And if you look close enough you can see his first upper tooth! His 4th tooth will be making its appearance any day now. This tooth came through just a couple of days after his birthday party. So yes on top of being sick he was teething. I feel bad that Levi's family didn't get to see our usually calm, content, and rare to fuss baby. Levi said over and over during their visit, "I have never seen him like this!" It is true that children will make liars out of you!

4 comments:

admin said...

ok thats crazy that Gavin has that few teeth. Dylan has 16 already! haha insane. You are lucky because he cant bite like crazy yet. As for your pic, you arent that big at all for 30 weeks!!! i am so way bigger than you. I will post a pic soon. I need to take one though. I cant believe i havent take a single pic of me during this pregnancy. Thats just no right. Maybe i will just go see you and that way you can just see my big belly in person :)

Laura King said...

We were just so happy to spend some time with that precious child! I didn't even think he was all that fussy considering how sick he was. I got to hold him for quite a while when he slept, and I was in heaven! That ornery face makes me laugh out loud.

Laura Carson said...

Oh yes, you can see it in his eyes! That is his "I know you are going to get me" face! The nervous laugh and jitters that go along with it are also too cute!

Crystal_King said...

I know you're probably ready to not be pregnant, but hang in there! I could lie and say it'll go by fast, but I remember too well that the last few months went by slow! On the other hand, now you have a 1 year old to keep you busy so hopefully it'll go by faster than the first time!!!

Oh and I know what you mean. Everyone in Nebraska had to listen to Camden's painful scream as his first tooth came in. They definitely didn't get to see the real Camden. The kids are just not themselves when they're in pain and everyone understands that!! I love Gavin's picture of his cute teeth!!!