Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2 years and counting

Two years ago today Levi and I were married. How can it only have been 2 years??

It felt like our first anniversary because last year we didn't do much celebrating. After Gavin was born I had 2 severe infections and didn't take care of myself due to the lack of alone time in our house. After visitors had gone, Levi, Gavin and I quickly moved into my mom's house for help. We decided to come back home on our anniversary, almost a week later. Levi had gone home first to make sure the house was perfect for us. I didn't get home until close to dark and neither Levi or I can recall what we did the rest of the night other than eat our wedding cake.

Levi had to work today so we celebrated yesterday. We went to Little Rock while mom watched Gavin. I believe this is the first time Levi and I have gone together outside of Searcy without Gavin. (Yes, I have separation anxiety far worse than Gavin probably does) We ate dinner at ShoGun, which was our favorite date spot before getting married, then went around to silly places we used to enjoy. We didn't do anything fancy, but it really was nice just being alone. I also didn't call to check up on Gavin one single time! That is progress for me!!

I don't have a wedding picture to post because I simply don't like recalling that day! ...long story and don't ask. :) But I do have the very first picture Levi and I ever took together. This was the first night I ever thought there might be more to Levi than just the guy who wouldn't quit coming over to my house! ha ... Happy Anniversary Levi! What we considered to be our little family before a ring or a baby entered the picture. ( I also don't know what on earth was going on with Levi's hair! ) Not long before our wedding... Only 11 months after saying I Do we turned into a true family! It was the most nerve wracking experience to decide to try for a baby only 2 months after getting married but the best decision I have ever made! 5 1/2 months after Gavin, God made the decision to add another baby into the mix and we are just as thrilled this time around! 2 years and 2 loves. What could be better?

1 comment:

Lane said...

WOW! You look so pretty in those pictures Laura! Happy late Anniversary! Glad to see you had a good one. Are you still not going to tell us what the baby is??!!