Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Splash Zone

Monday Levi and I were at a bank in Jacksonville which is about 40 minutes from our house. When leaving I made a wrong turn and ended up having to turn around. It was a lucky mistake because we noticed a little water park that looked perfect for little kids and its only $4.00 to get in! Levi got off work a little early today and since they are open until 7:00 p.m. we decided to pick Madi up from school and have a day of water! This place was so perfect for Gavin and Madi. They have an entire area that only goes to 2 1/2 feet deep. It has water squirting and falling everywhere and a slide area. There were lots of lifeguards and no big kids were allowed on the little kid toys. LOVED THAT!They have a swim area with diving boards and two giant slides for the big kids and adults. Levi wanted to take a few runs on the slide but we got a surprise. Gavin only wanted his daddy! He would SCREAM when Levi gave him to me. This is seriously a once in a blue moon occurrence so Levi ate it up and spent some daddy and son alone time. He usually wants Levi to hold him in my mom's pool so I guess daddy makes him feel safe in the water. We had to keep Gavin bundled up after getting out because the water was FREEZING!! I guess a few days below 100 degrees and a little rain makes a big difference! We are trying to spend as much time together as a family of 3 before our lives get busy and winter keeps us shut indoors. Oh.. and Madi made a little friend today who officially turned me into an old woman. He said, "Excuse me Ma'am" MA'AM! I am a ma'am??? Geez! --And OF COURSE I would get that the day before my birthday. What else!!!

2 comments:

Laura King said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun!! I can't believe it is so cheap!
Happy birthday (you're still a sweet young thing!)

Crystal_King said...

Cute pictures! How fun the water park must have been. What a great find! I bet the kids just loved it! How are you feeling? Not too much longer to go!

Man, I didn't realize this but I live right across the street from your friend Lane! We've hung out before, but I never would have put the connection together with her "Brown Family" on your blog! Crazy! She said you guys grew up together? What a small world!

Hope you're all doing great. I put some new pictures up of Camden from our trip to Nebraska.