Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kai Gabriel Kirkpatrick

Tonight we got to visit the brand new son, Kai Gabriel, of Aaron and Lauren Kirkpatrick! 7.7 lbs and 20 1/2 inches. Gavin was the same minus 1 ounce, but Kai still seemed TINY! He is simply beautiful! A few weeks ago we went swimming with Aaron and Lauren and ever since I have been excited to get to hold a newborn before baby #2 arrives. I expected it to make me giddy and excited, but instead it gave me anxiety! I actually had to pause and take a few deep breathes in the hallway! The anxiety wasn't about the baby, but the labor and delivery. Lauren delivered Kai in the same hospital Gavin was born, so a flood of memories came back to us! We are so happy for them and can't wait to see Kai and our littlest one playing together soon!

Daddy wheeling his son to their new room. Gavin helped carry the luggage for them.
We got a glimpse of what Gavin will be like as a big brother tonight. He showed a little bit of jealously when Levi or I held Kai. He wanted to touch the baby sooo badly! Gavin just doesn't look old enough to be a big brother, does he?!?! I know he will be great at it though! Lots to look forward to!

Aaron and Levi with their boys.
Sweet baby Kai!

2 comments:

Crystal_King said...

Awww, Gavin will be a great big brother! It's so exciting! I think once Gavin gets used to the idea of having the new baby in the house he'll really enjoy his new brother or sister. Just think about how fun it'll be once they can run around and play together and be so close! Fun Fun!!!

Oh, and I'm happy to hear about Gavin's appt. It sounds like they have a good plan for him to feel better and gain weight. I hope you guys have a great Labor Day weekend. We have no plans, but just thankful we can all have a day off together!

Laura King said...

What a great post of Gavin's newest buddy. I just got word from Aaron's mom this morning that baby Kai had been born and was healthy and beautiful.

Don't fret too much about delivery, my second labor was only 47 minutes!

It will be a very exciting adventure for Gavin to be a big brother, and it's beautiful to watch!