Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gavin Facts:

Just some little truths about my favorite 1 year old:

  • Gavin turned 12 months with 2 teeth, and 13 months with 5! The 5th tooth was a total surprise. I happened to notice it while brushing his teeth. This would explain the MANY restless nights.
  • He has a new animal sound. "What does the cat say? "MEOW" It is super cute and sounds just like a cat! It is my goal this week to get all his animal sounds on video to share.
  • Gavin recently got his FIFTH haircut. He received his first when he was 8 months, so he needs one once a month. It grows so fast!! I would have pictures to share but my husband protests each one so I have to do them secretly when he is away. If Levi had his way, Gavin's hair would be past his shoulders! I do it myself because it frightens me to trust anyone else with scissors that close to my baby's face!
  • Gavin is eating new foods!!! He will eat bread, (Sara Lee cinnamon bread is his FAVORITE!) sliced cheese, and for the first time today he ate thinly sliced deli meat! I had to hold in my excitement when he took it just fine! This is a HUGE step for him!! He will also eat macaroni and cheese. It has to be small spirals cut in half. Yes that is tiny, but anything bigger he will gag on and throw up. He is also eating yogurt and I allow him to use the spoon himself. He is getting to be such a big boy! My next goal is to have him eat fresh fruits and steamed veggies. Anything with that type of slimy texture makes him throw up, so I have my work cut out for me.
  • Gavin has learned to collapse himself when being taken away from a desired object. He has only done this twice and didn't try it again when I picked him back up. Neither time had a whine to go along with it, but it is a sign of what is to come soon enough! -- Or could I be so lucky to skip the terrible twos?? Yeah, I wish!!
  • Gavin completely forgets I exist the moment my mom walks through the door. His loves his Nana! She is the only person he will cry for when they leave our house. (he will for me on occasion but usually only when he is tired.) He also recently will not come to me when I go to my mom's to pick him up after an afternoon of fun. It hurts my feelings a little but it is nice knowing he isn't upset when I am gone.
Gavin fell asleep on the couch like this last night. I thought it was too cute! Unfortunately he woke up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I am not sure why. He wasn't fussy at all. He was just awake. Since I hadn't fallen asleep yet we went downstairs and watched tv until 5:30. It was nice to have a little company. I have been falling asleep as the sun is rising recently, then joining Gavin for part of his nap. I am tired of being tired!
And here is the reason I have time to blog today. Levi came home early today and is taking a nap with Gavin. It is nice to have alone time!

1 comment:

Laura King said...

Yea for Gavin eating!! Sounds like you are offering all the right things!! I can hear relief in your words. I can't believe he has 5 teeth. Sweet, sweet pictures. Hope you get some sleep soon too.