Tuesday, September 23, 2008

35 Weeks

I am 35 weeks now. Wow!
It is strange to think how far along I am. On one hand, I was pregnant before Gavin learned to crawl and that seems like ages ago. On the other hand, how am I almost due ALREADY??

The reality of doing day to day activities with 2 under 2 is really hitting me lately. It is one thing to imagine chores with Gavin plus a newborn, but what happens when Baby #2 doesn't like Mommy leaving the room? What happens when I am changing an explosive diaper and Gavin is on his way through a baby gate I forgot to close? I can carry the baby while Gavin crawls up the stairs, but what do I do when it is time to come back down? There are SO many scenarios! I have to remember that we will only be living in a house with stairs until the middle of December. I just have to last until then, then things will get a little easier.

I complained a lot about lack of sleep, and even though I am blogging at almost 1:30 in the morning right now, sleep has come back into my life. Finally after a month (or more) of begging and pleading Levi to sleep in the other room, he caved in. With the entire bed to myself, plus the purchase of a memory foam mattress topper, and NO SNORING! I am able to get to sleep around midnight. Even though that still seems late, it beats growling at the sun rising because it beat me again. I still am joining Gavin for his naps, but what pregnant woman doesn't need a good nap??

My body is feeling very worn. Crystal, when we ate with you and Carl, you had said the band on your pregnancy pants was the only thing keeping you in, and now I think I know what you mean! When I stand up I have so much pain in my lower abdomen, I am stuck leaning over for a few moments before I can go up completely. My hips are hurting at night, and I've heard the saying, "I am sore in places I didn't know existed" my entire life, and always thought that was a joke. It is no joke!! Picking up a 1 yr old, running up and down stairs, and bending over to pick up toy after toy after toy is getting harder and harder each day. And darn it, if my bladder isn't the baby's favorite kick toy!!!

On the other hand I cannot wait to have a newborn in the house again! There is just nothing sweeter than an innocent love to hold and stare at for hours. When I was pregnant with Gavin and bought baby clothes, Newborn sizes seemed so big. (Was something THAT big supposed to come out of ME?!?) Now when I look at newborn clothes, they seem so tiny! I can't wait to pick up my baby and see those little knees still up by *it's* chest!

I just took a picture of my 35 week belly. I know I need to get a real one and not one taken by myself in the bathroom! Levi swears we will be surprised with twins! I was talking with my mom a few days ago about if the baby is a week or two late and her comment was, "Oh no, there is no way this baby will come late, you are too..." Care to finish your sentence mom???? :)

This was at 30 weeks: What a difference 5 weeks makes!!!

Now for a little update on Gavin:
He is feeling better and is getting back to his old self. He did however develop pink eye (again, how he gets sick I will never know) and needs eye drops 3 times daily. He HATES it and I hate having to make him go through it. Only 2 more days to go!
He is turning into a big helper which I will talk more about on the 24th when he turns 14 months, but I want to share a funny (or not so funny!) thing he did tonight.
I was in the kitchen getting a drink and Gavin was walking around behind me. I turn around and my child was taking his clothes out of the dryer, walking them through the kitchen and throwing them in the trash can! It was one of those cute little times you just smile and laugh and say, Thank You!!
Maybe he is letting me know he is ready for a new Fall wardrobe!

3 comments:

Laura King said...

What a sweet little "helper"!? He will seem gigantic when you have your new little one in your arms. Thanks so much for posting belly pics. I love seeing how much baby is growing! Glad you're getting more rest...keep napping.

thebenignus said...

ok, im sorry but you are not big at all. If i took the time to take a picture of myself, you would feel much better. I swear, i am double than that at 31 weeks. I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy. You are almost there! how exciting

Crystal_King said...

Ha! I know exactly how you feel! And by the pictures, you look adorable as ever! Let me tell you, I was asked by several people, "When are you due?" This was in November. When I told them not until March, they about choked. I gained 60 pounds and my belly was so big it was hard to find BIG maternity clothes just to fit me!!! I know you you feel but there's a reason you only feel that big for a short time. The baby is right around the corner and I'm counting the days until we can hold him or her! We want to come up and visit when the baby is born, you're all settled in and things are steady for you. I know what it's like to feel that you've had visitors the entire first month! Once things slow down a bit (if that's possible with two babies) we really want to come see you! Hang in there and we're thinking of you!