Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Give me your pain, my love

It is 3:45 a.m. I decided to blog to officially put an end to tonight. Around 2 a.m. Gavin suddenly woke up screaming. He hasn't felt well since Friday and it has slowly gotten worse. This morning he woke up with a matted eye and it turned pink as the day went on. He is gagging on anything that comes anywhere near his mouth, sneezing, coughing, mild fevers, and taking multiple naps.

As I said, Gavin woke up at 2 a.m. screaming. He was inconsolable. This is not something we are used to experiencing. We tried reading his favorite books, singing songs, lots of hugs and love and nothing seemed to work. I FINALLY got him to take a bottle and he fell asleep.

10 minutes later....

He wakes up again screaming. Again we try everything we know to calm him down. Finally I go to YouTube and play his favorite Noggin songs. This works, but he starts coughing and throws up. He smelled like vomit and I thought a bath might distract and cheer him up. I was wrong. He looked simply awful. Oh how my heart cannot stand my love being in any type of pain.

After his bath he throws up again and again. We didn't have time to put jammies on him before he was covered again.. myself and the bedspread included. Fortunately Gavin spotted Leah, a stuffed lamb that plays a lullaby and says a prayer, that he has always found comforting. Neither of us had on much clothing from the mess so we cuddled skin to skin and listened to Leah's songs.

He fell right asleep.

I hope this lasts.

As soon as the doctor's office opens tomorrow I am making an appointment.

Now if I can only get him in jammies without waking him.

My poor boy. At least he is asleep. His eye starting to turn pink from earlier today.
He literally had not been out of the house since last Monday. I don't know how he manages to get sick.

No comments: