Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sick Saturday

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Last night I went to bed not feeling so well and this morning I woke up feeling worse. I have a cough, the sneezes, fever, gunky eyes, and lots of sounds coming from my diaper!! I thought it would be a good idea to show you what I do in the morning, but instead I am showing you what I do when I am sick.

Daddy made blueberry muffins and I liked them! Since I am sick, Mommy moved my highchair into the living room and let me watch Mickey Mouse Club House while I ate. Then Mommy felt SO bad for me that she let me eat my yogurt right on the couch! But shhh.. don't tell Daddy! After my yogurt I tried calling 555-GRANDMA but nobody answered! I thought that maybe if you heard my pitiful cough, you'd send me a present! I wasn't feeling well so Mommy gave me some medicine for my fever and I tried eating some fruit. My tummy didn't want any and I threw it up. :( Mommy took off my PJs and cleaned my face. She laid me down on the couch and before she had time to get new clothes, I had fallen asleep. My early morning phone call must have worked because when I got up from my nap I had a surprise! Grandma and Grandpa sent me a present! Mommy read me my new book and said after my bath I could try on my new shirt. It fits! -- See me standing in my car? You wouldn't believe the fuss Daddy and Mommy make over it! I've only fallen twice! Geez! I felt much better after my bath so I decided to be a big help and "organize" everything in the kitchen cabinets. Mommy had just ran out of things to put in the dishwasher so this gave her more to clean! She told me thank you, but there was something fishy about that thanks... I was only trying to help! :)
Mommy was just telling Daddy the other day that she loves the Rainforest Cafe and they should take me there someday. Since you have one in San Antonio maybe we can go to yours! I hope you enjoyed a Saturday morning with me and thank you for my surprise!!

2 comments:

Laura King said...

Oh sweet Gavin, we loved spending Saturday morning with you even though we didn't get to experience it until Monday!! We were out of town all weekend at a church family retreat. I'm so sorry you were sick, but your mommy really knows how to take care of you! I'm so glad your rain forest shirt fits and can hardly wait for the time you can go see the rain forest cafe in San Antonio with us.

I'm glad you are feeling better, and love seeing your beautiful face. Give mommy and daddy lots of love from Grandma and Grandpa!

thebenignus said...

Rainforest Cafe, i took your mommy there Gavin. Yes,i sure did. If you come visit Dylan, he will take you there too! and he will pay for your meal :)